Wednesday, 30 April 2014

Holistic Wellness and relations between psychological conditions and health




It happens, quite often, to hear about psycho-somatic health or, conversely, about psycho-somatic illness.
Yes, now even doctors must admit , and admit, that the well-being depends on a complex condition, concerning the interaction of psyche and soma, ie internal states and physicality.
So, inevitably, the disease (which is nothing more than  not staying well and dis-ease caused and depending by various factors) is a condition resulting in some problems that occurred at interior level together with that of physicality. We are not done by fragments!



Other studies call disease to be somato-psychic, that is, studies that want to emphasize that the condition causing problems is the body first and then inevitably  the interior conditions is influenced. Ever since ancient time it was said " mens sana in corpore sano" (from latin “healthy mind in a healthy body”), to indicate that it is all right in mental states if the body had been kept healthy.

Dr. Hammer, for example,  always says that blaming the repression of a trauma or of a psychological disturbing situation is the sole cause of tumors and in general of all diseases; solved the repressive state, health comes back naturally.
From my point of view, I don't like to be so "strict" in the affirmation of seeing the causing situation only from one side.
The concept that would seem more appropriate suggests that often things happen in parallel, one part and the other part together.
A few very simple examples?

 









I'm not satisfied (psychic harm) of my work and then I full fill myself of junk food ( physical harm) as gratification.
l













Or the person that I love has abandoned me and so I feel dejected (psychic harm), and then I start to drink alcohol (physical harm) .













Or I feel that I never digest well (physical harm)  and I begin to depress ( psychic harm) because I cannot eat what I like.





Simple examples that only want to express a concept ; often personal realities, however,  are much more complex and hidden by what was said in the above examples ....








We could say that generally a problems starts from one side, but then the downward spiral involves both simultaneously ...





What to do?
Take medicines? Go to the psychologist? Help with homeopathy or Bach flowers? Get some acupuncture treatment? Or whatever ...
It is pretty common to think that one of these therapies may be the solution of the disorder, but really .... have we took into account what was said above, that any disorder or disease   all of them, without any exception, is based on both two factors?
Does we really want to feel good or does we just want the symptoms to disappear?
Does we want a radical cure or we have enough contentment to be not so bad?
Or it is enough for us that the problem is not present at the time, although, maybe later recur or change conditions?
Does we understand and realize really that more than one adjustment has to be done, although we would like an immediate and simple solution?
Then it would be good to keep clearly in mind the holistic concept, the concept that underlines the concept of whole, that means the inseparability of body and interior states.

To feel really good you need to take care of our entire being, there is no other way ... we are not torn to pieces sectioned from each other.

But then, someone will say:  so I have to do a lot of things and engage in many different ways...  only so  can I really live well?
What to answer?
My answer is: it depends on the degree of how much you love yourself, that is what you are interested to give to yourself, to benefit yourself.... the real one, not some vain ones. 














Could be fatuous when you are looking for small or large rewards (which are, underneath all, to search to fill the holes of dissatisfaction)








 

or amusements (which are, underneath all, to search to fill boredom or discontentment)









or of avocations (which are, underneath all, to search digressing from the fact that probably there is no feeling of reward),




 or other means to plug inside holes ....

I would like to let you think a little nit about what is written .... so I wait for  you back in a few days, at the next Post, to identify and assess together some ideas on "Holistic Wellbeing: the 6 pillars even if you wish to feel-good"

No comments:

Post a Comment